Find the route for you
Zagorske županijske rute
Oznake na državnoj razini
OVER THE SLOPES OF STRAHINJČICA
Radoboj - Žutnica - Jesenje - Radoboj
This cycling route, which leads through the surroundings of Radoboj and Gornje Jesenje, is full of preserved nature and beautiful landscapes, so characteristic for Zagorje – interwoven series of green hills and valleys.
Start your ride in the center of Radoboj 1, near the roundabout. Proceed to the north and at the Y intersection 2 (1 km from start) turn left onto the macadam road and ride up the hill following the markers for climbers. The ascent ends at the Y intersection with crucifix 3 (2,4 km from start). At this point, turn right towards the village of Strahinje Radobojsko. Stay briefly at the intersection and enjoy the magnificent view of the surroundings. Slowly descend into a narrow valley and pass through the forest, and turn right at the intersection 4(5,3 km from start). Ride shortly over the flat terrain. Continue under the state road and at the Y intersection 5, turn right towards Žutnica. The route continues uphill to Gornje Jesenje. After 12,4 km you will reach Gornje Jesenje. This is an ideal opportunity for rest and refreshment. The municipality is known for its new “Hunting trail of the Krapina Neanderthal man” in the valley of the stream Ravninščica, while the village is dominated by the baroque church of Saint John the Baptist, the patron saint of the municipality, from 1858. Be sure to visit them! The cycling route that connects Donje Jesenje, Đurmanec and the castle of Trakošćan passes through Gornje Jesenje as well. At the Y intersection with crucifix 6 turn right and continue up the ascent to the parish church of Saint John the Baptist. The cycling route follows the path of the cycling route of the Municipality of Gornje Jesenje and continues down the ridge road with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. In the village of Jedvaji, at the Y intersection with a small chapel 7 (14,7 km from start), turn left. Pass through the villages of Klasići, Flaši and Bosaki, and at the Y intersection 8 (17,7 km from start) turn left. The macadam road branches off to the right. Afterwards the route continues over quite a flat terrain. At the Y intersection 9, turn right along the remains of the stone house called Vahtari, which the natives remember as a former railway station for the train that carried coal to Varaždin. Continue riding down the flat, asphalted road, passing along the colorful and cheerfully decorated spring. The ascent to Radoboj begins at the Y intersection 10. Afterwards the route passes through several short ascents and descents with spectacular view of the southern part of Zagorje. At the intersection with crucifix 11continue straight forward and soon you will reach the center of Radoboj where the cycling route ends.
- The beginning of the cycling route in Radoboj near the roundabout. Continue the ride to the north.
- At Y intersection turn left onto the macadam road and continue the ascent following the marks for climbers.
- At Y intersection with crucifix, turn right towards the village of Strahinje Radobojsko.
- At the intersection, 5,3 km from start, turn right.
- At Y intersection, turn right towards the village of Žutnica.
- At Y intersection with crucifix turn right and continue uphill towards the church.
- At Y intersection with a small chapel in the village of Jedvaji, 14,7 km from start, turn left
- At Y intersection, 17,7 km from start, turn left.
- At Y intersection turn right next to the remains of the stone house called Vahtari.
- At Y intersection start the ascent towards Radoboj.
- At the intersection with crucifix, continue straight forward and soon you will reach the center of Radoboj.