Find the route for you
Zagorske županijske rute
Oznake na državnoj razini
OVER THE SLOPES OF THE MOUNTAIN MACELJ
Đurmanec - Trakošćan - Jesenje - Đurmanec
The beauty of each cycling route is the opportunity to experience a certain area to the fullest. This cycling route will take you through the northern part of the Krapina-Zagorje County and partially through the neighboring Varaždin County.
The cycling route begins in the center of Đurmanec 1, important traffic hub of this region. While several roads lead to the north, you must take the road with less traffic towards Mlinari. After 2,8 km, at the intersection 2, turn right onto the main road. Proceed with caution to the T intersection 3 (5,8 km from start) and carefully turn right. Then turn left onto the road with less traffic. Continue riding through the valley to the north. Soon, at the intersection 4, continue carefully along the main road to the Y intersection 5 (9,3 km from start) and then turn right towards the romantic castle-museum of Trakošćan with lake in its surroundings. Continue riding and you will reach the Varaždin County. After 14,5 km from the start, you will notice a long wooden bridge 6 (on the right), which will branch off and lead you across the lake. After the bridge, turn left and then continue along the Trakošćan Lake up to the Trakošćan castle. The lake and the castle represent an ideal place for rest, relaxation and exploring the rich history of the Counts Drašković. After the rest, at the intersection 7, continue down the main road to the next intersection 8 (at 17,7 km from start), then turn right and start ascending the ridge road that will take you through many small roads with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. At the intersection 9 (23,5 km from start), turn left and continue riding to the valley of the river Bednja and the homonymous city. Be sure to visit Bednja where you can relax. At the intersection 10, turn to the southwest and continue through the villages of Mali Gorenec and Šaša. At the intersection 11 (27,2 km from start,) turn left and continue up the hill towards Gornje Jesenje. Gornje Jesenje is also a nice place to rest, because two cycling routes intersect there. At the intersection 12 (31 km from start), turn right and continue uphill, and then continue downhill down the steep streets. Be careful. After the descent, the route goes down a very picturesque valley through Donje Jesenje and the village of Koprivnica Zagorska. Soon you will reach the village of Ravninsko and then – at the intersection 13 – turn carefully and continue to the center of Đurmanec where the route ends.
- The beginning of the route in Đurmanec. Continue towards north and the border crossing Macelj.
- Caution! Intersection with the main road. Turn right and continue with caution.
- Caution! T intersection with the main road. Turn right, and then left onto the road with less traffic.
- Caution! Intersection with the main road. Continue carefully towards the border crossing.
- Y intersection. Turn right towards Trakošćan.
- Turn left onto the long wooden bridge over the lake, and then continue left down the path around the lake.
- Y intersection. Continue to the south.
- T intersection. Turn right.
- T intersection after the bridge. At the intersection, turn left and then continue towards Bednja.
- T intersection. Turn right onto the road with less traffic.
- Y intersection. Turn left.
- T intersection in the village of Jesenje. Turn right. Don’t “miss” the intersection.
- Intersection. Turn right and continue carefully towards the center of Đurmanec.