Find the route for you
FOLLOWING THE HOT SPRINGS
Tuhelj - Krapinske Toplice - Pregrada - Tuhelj
This route goes over a more flat terrain, with less ascents and it is more suitable for lighter, recreational ride through two beautiful valleys and famous spa resorts of Zagorje.
The route begins in the center 1 of the city of Tuhelj. Start riding towards Tuheljske Toplice (Tuhelj spa resort), but after 1,5 km turn left onto the road with less traffic. Tuhelj spa resort 2 is a known spa destination of the Croatian mainland. Pass by the largest tourist complex in continental Croatia Tuhelj Thermae 2 and the nearby castle of Mihanović. Follow the traffic signs and continue towards Krapinske Toplice (Krapina spa resort). You can expect a slight ascent, followed by a pretty flat terrain. After 10 km from the start, you will reach Krapinske Toplice (Krapina spa resort) 3, one of the most famous spas in Croatia. You should definitely visit them. Continue riding along the river Kosteljina through the village of Ciglenečki and at the Y intersection 4, next to the tavern, turn right and continue along the playground. On your right side, you will see the castle of Čret. Continue riding through the wide and picturesque valley with lovely views to the north and Zagorje hills and mountains. You will pass by the manor Mališ and at the Y intersection, 17,8 km from the start, turn left and start riding up the hill. After the descent, in the village of Petki, turn right towards Bežanec. At the T intersection (20 km from start), continue carefully straight ahead. After the intersection, you will notice a manor Leskovar on the right, and soon you will pass by the castle of Bežanec. At the Y intersection 5 with the main road, turn right towards Pregrada. For security reasons, we recommend you to continue riding on the sidewalk. Follow the main road. Soon, on your right side, you will pass by the castle of Dubrava. Soon after that, at the T intersection 6 (22,2 km from start), turn carefully left towards the village of Vrhi Pregradski and continue riding the road with less traffic. After 24,7 km 7 you will reach Pregrada. The center of Pregrada, dominated by the mountain Kunagora, represents a perfect place to rest before you continue your ride. At the Y intersection 7, continue uphill to the west and at the intersection 8, turn into the village of Sopot and continue to the south. Riding through Zagorje valleys can be a very special experience throughout the entire year because of its beauties. Ride through the villages of Stipernica and Marinec and soon you will reach the village of Velika Horvatska. Here you must stop and visit the homonymous castle on the hill over the valley that offers a beautiful view. At the Y section 9 (34,7 km from start), turn left and continue towards Tuhelj, where this route ends.
- Tuhelj. Beginning of the route in the center of Pregrada. Start riding towards Tuheljske Toplice (Tuhelj spa resort)
- Tuheljske Toplice (Tuhelj spa resort). Follow the signposts for Krapinske Toplice (Krapina spa resort)
- At the intersection turn left. Don’t forget to visit the center of Krapinske Toplice.
- Y intersection. Next to the tavern turn right and continue along the playground (on your left side)
- Caution! Intersection where you turn right towards Pregrada. For security reasons, ride on the sidewalk.
- Caution! Intersection. Turn left towards the village of Vrh Pregradski.
- Caution! Y intersection. Turn left uphill.
- Y intersection. Turn left and continue to the south.
- Y intersection. Turn left.